Title – OHV Area Monitor
Location: El Mirage OHV Area, California.
Part Time to Full Time Hours – 24-40/Week
Friends of El Mirage is a non-profit organization that assists the Bureau of Land Management in operating the El Mirage OHV Recreation Area, and in restoring closed OHV trails on public lands in areas adjacent to the fenced OHV area. We have an immediate opening for an OHV Area Monitor to perform the following activities:
- Conduct vehicle patrols along the perimeter of the El Mirage Dry Lake when it is closed due to wet conditions.
- Conduct vehicle patrols on dirt roads inside the El Mirage OHV Recreation Area to identify and record sites with trash left behind by visitors.
- Inspect vault toilets for graffiti and trash, and assess need for periodic pumping
- Identify and record fence cuts and signs needing replacing
- Perform efficacy monitoring of closed and restored OHV trails; and identify closed OHV trails that are candidates for restoration.
Monitoring may include some casual visitor contact, but illegal uses of the lakebed and area trails will only be recorded and, if necessary, reported to law enforcement.
The monitor will work 24 to 40 hours per week as needed, including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays mostly between the OHV season of September through June, and some weekdays. The monitor will drive a four wheel drive vehicle provided by Friends of El Mirage and must have a satisfactory driving record.
For more information about a position, or to submit an application, please visit elmirage.org/jobs to fill out an application/submit a resume.
Dedicated to Ed Waldheim
Founder of the Friends of Jawbone (FOJ)
Friends of Jawbone is a non-profit corporation under section 501(c)(3). If you or your business would like to support Friends of Jawbone, please click here.
Special Thanks To:
Please join us in thanking our Business Supporters:
Southern California Overland Trail Association
Please join us in thanking the sponsors of our 25th Moose Anderson Day:
Bureau of Land Management
CSI Electrical Contractors
Andrew & Cherie Holloway
Bank of the Sierra
Green Tea Garden
Dave & Shelly Hammersmith
Kern County Search and Rescue
West Best Pizza
Mojave Off Road Adventures
Jawbone Canyon Store
Fun Time ATV Rentals
Doug & Katie Varner
Doug and Katie Varner
Indian Wells Brewery
Friends of Oceano Dunes
Point Mugu 4×4 Club
Happy Trails Data Management
IMC Real Estate