Shopping Cart
Goffs Schoolhouse

Goffs Schoolhouse

20.00
Since the entrada of Fr. Francisco Garces in 1776, history has surged through the vast East Mojave Desert. The place now know as Goffs has been of strategic importance to the area for more than a hundred years. No stone has been left unturned in doing research for this book, including published literature, land records, and federal homestead records. More than 200 oral history interviews were conducted with people having firsthand knowledge of Goffs and related areas in the East Mojave Desert. The book is illustrated with 100 photographs, most of which have not been published before. There are five maps of Goffs and the vicinity. By Dennis G. Casebier